Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Whitewashed Easter Blocks

I love to decorate…… I know, shocking, right? Let me show you my shocked face…….


LOL!

{You know, if you say SHOCKED several times, it really sounds weird! ANYWHO!}

As I was walking a couple of weeks ago, I spotted several wood blocks that someone had put in their trash pile (this house is doing a lot of reno….so hopefully I’ll be able to pick up some more!). Can you say FREE?!?!?! I have seen several of these painted blocks on Pinterest with words and sayings and already had an idea of what I wanted to do with them.

I got them out today to do my “thang” with ‘em. I’ve planned on doing my Easter pianoscape in a natural, neutral color scheme this year, so I’m figuring, white, beige, brown, wood, etc…….. So here’s what I did.

Here are the FREE blocks. I’m so glad they weren’t all the same size, makes them more interesting!

I bought a package of sponges at the Dollar Tree the other day. They come 4 to a package and they make great paint daubers! I just cut one of them thirds and that was plenty big enough.

I didn’t have a full tube of white paint, so I thought, let’s do a white-wash look. I put as much of the white paint I could get into a bowl and added water, stirred, and this is how it looked.

As with my Chevron Easter Egg Burlee door hanger , I printed out some lettering on my computer, then put tape over the lettering before I cut it out (to make it more sturdy for the stencil), then stenciled the saying out on the blocks.

And this is what it looks like, FINI! I did do a couple of streaks of the brown paint on the top and sides of the blocks to give it more depth.

Not too bad for FREE! (Yep, love that word!) I will be posting my pianoscape reveal later this week. I’m a little behind in decorating for Easter, but I’ll get there!

I’m thrilled that you’ve taken time to stop by and see my tutorial! Please be sure to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to hop on over to your blog too!

I'm sharing this decorating idea with the following link-up parties:

CraftOManiac
TaterTots and Jello
Design Dazzle
Uncommon Designs
Savvy Southern Style
The 36th Avenue

Ivy and Elephants

Be sure to go by and see all of the other great ideas for DIY crafting!

Hey Y'all, I'm super, super THRILLED that Jen, over at TaterTots and Jello featured this craft on her 32 Inspirational Easter Decorating Ideas! Seriously, I'm over here doing my HAPPY DANCE!!! Thanks so much Jen!

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable! And my Favorite... Free! Great Job. I'm going to have to look around for some scrap wood.... Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment Lori! I just happened to talk to some guys down the street, and they are going to leave me their scraps of wood today....Yipee! Can't wait to see :) LOL!

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous idea. They are super cute. Thank you for this wonderful post! I would love it if you would share this at our What’s It Wednesday blog party. Hope to see you there.

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Paula! So nice to have you here, I have shared this on your blog too!

      Delete
  3. These came out great! Free is one of my favorite words too :)
    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Becca! Glad you joined us and come on by anytime! :)
      Torri

      Delete

Leaving comments has been known to make you richer, more successful and gorgeous! Well, maybe not, but I do love comments and I read each one! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-9462558-2