Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

White-washed Easter Blocks.....(Repost)

****This is a repost from one of YOUR favorites from last Easter.....Just thought you'd like to see it, again ;)  ******


As I was walking a couple of weeks ago, I spotted several wood blocks that someone had put in their trash pile (this house is doing a lot of reno….so hopefully I’ll be able to pick up some more!). Can you say FREE?!?!?! I have seen several of these painted blocks on Pinterest with words and sayings and already had an idea of what I wanted to do with them.

I got them out today to do my “thang” with ‘em. I’ve planned on doing my Easter pianoscape in a natural, neutral color scheme this year, so I’m figuring, white, beige, brown, wood, etc…….. So here’s what I did.

Here are the FREE blocks. I’m so glad they weren’t all the same size, makes them more interesting!

I bought a package of sponges at the Dollar Tree the other day. They come 4 to a package and they make great paint daubers! I just cut one of them thirds and that was plenty big enough.

I didn’t have a full tube of white paint, so I thought, let’s do a white-wash look. I put as much of the white paint I could get into a bowl and added water, stirred, and this is how it looked.

As with my Chevron Easter Egg Burlee door hanger , I printed out some lettering on my computer, then put tape over the lettering before I cut it out (to make it more sturdy for the stencil), then stenciled the saying out on the blocks.

And this is what it looks like, FINI! I did do a couple of streaks of the brown paint on the top and sides of the blocks to give it more depth.

Not too bad for FREE! (Yep, love that word!

I’m thrilled that you’ve taken time to stop by and see my tutorial! Please be sure to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to hop on over to your blog too!

21 comments:

Leaving comments has been known to make you richer, more successful and gorgeous! Well, maybe not, but I do love comments and I read each one! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-9462558-2