Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

In Bloom.......

This has been such a mild winter, so everything here in the South has started to bloom! I don’t ever remember our Azalea bushes showing off their color in the middle of February, but that’s when they started! Now the bushes are just alive with color, along with our yellow pollen-laden cars! {That’s the only think I DON’T like about Spring, but hey, take a Zyrtec and live with it, right? LOL!}

I just LOVE to photograph flowers. Don’t know why, but I do. I guess because they’ll sit still long enough for me to adjust my manual mode to get just the right setting {unlike kids or dogs!}.

As I was walking around our house the other day, here are just a sample of what’s IN BLOOM right now……

Azaleas.....


Dogwoods......


Tea Olive.....


Peach colored Azalea....


Wisteria.......


Bridal Bush.....


These will turn into dew berries (or I call them Blackberries!LOL!)


Not sure what this is, but it's filled with beautiful yellow flowers and provides awesome shade in the summer for the dog! Good thing you can't see all of his HOLES underneath :)


GORGEOUS Crimson colored Azalea........


Lantana! We've got so many "volunteer" Lantana bushes. Bring on the Butterflies!


And this Honeysuckle is about ready to burst with color and SMELL! I think I've got this on all of my fences!


We’ve also been BLESSED with rain this early spring! For the last couple of years we’ve been in severe drought conditions, so two of my prettiest Azaleas didn’t bloom, and I was a little concerned they had died for good. But, as you can see, they are doing well and will hopefully have a full showing this year!

I hope you enjoyed this garden tour! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving comments has been known to make you richer, more successful and gorgeous! Well, maybe not, but I do love comments and I read each one! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-9462558-2