Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Butterfly Garden Kids Craft...........

I don’t know about y’all, but I’m just IN LURVE with what my daughter made last weekend! She’s such a crafty kid, and it’s not totally out of character for her to spend hours in her room being “crafty”.

So many times I’ve been the lucky recipient of her “daudles and doodles” (I’m such a lucky momma!  ), but I have to say, when she brought this to me, I was FLOORED! She’s notorious for buying things at the Dollar Tree, then not really doing anything with them, or not liking what she came up with! LOL! I don’t know what it is about her “Butterfly Garden”, but I’m LOVIN’ IT!!! Could it be that I loved (and still love) butterflies? I had the coolest canopy bed with a butterfly bedspread and matching canopy when I was little, I guess it’s just carried over into my {ah-hem} old age!

Well enough talking, so here’s a picture of what she came up with!

Didn’t she do a FAB job?

If you’d like to make one with your child, here’s a list of supplies that you’ll need:
Dollar Tree items:

1 pack of Sheer butterflies
1 pack of foam floral disks
1 pack of colored floral wire

Stuff around the house:

Remnant of felt or fabric to cover foam disk
20” length of ribbon
Straight pins or hot glue

Cover foam disk with either fabric or felt. You can use straight pins or hot glue to keep in place. Then take the colored floral wire {they also have different colors of wire, as seen in the stock photo}, cut into different lengths. The butterflies already have wire on the back of them, so just wrap around floral wire.

Insert the wire into the foam (you’ll need to poke something through the fabric/foam to get your wire started}. As you can see from the picture, she staggered them a little, then bent the wire (‘cause butterflies don’t fly straight, they FLUTTER!!!!! Teeheehee!)

Take your ribbon and tie around the bottom of the foam. You’re done!!! How easy-peasy was that?

We’ll probably need to make a run to the “tree” this weekend. I’d love to have different colored butterfly gardens for our spring decorating. What about a Butterfly Bouquet? Just add several more butterflies in different colors, on different colored wires, then add to a pot! Add easter grass, soooooo cute!

This is such a sweet project, and even sweeter that my 11 year old daughter came up with the idea! So proud of you Ms. M!!!!

Y’all be sure to leave a comment! I’m sure Ms. M would squeal to know someone left a comment on her original crafty idea! Please leave your bloggy addy too, I’d love to hop on over and checkout your craftiness too 

I'm sharing this decorating idea with the following link-up parties:

CraftOManiac
TaterTots and Jello
Design Dazzle
Uncommon Designs Online
The 36th Avenue
Savvy Southern Style

Be sure to go by and see all of the other great ideas for DIY crafting!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I may need to make some for spring decor around my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nice=). It seems that your daughter really loves butterflies. Hope she would also learn someday on how to collect and preserve real butterflies. Your daughter is really talented and creative.

    David Wofford

    For details in creating a butterfly garden, you can visit here creating a butterfly garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting discussion!! I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers.
    shed playhouse windows

    ReplyDelete

Leaving comments has been known to make you richer, more successful and gorgeous! Well, maybe not, but I do love comments and I read each one! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-9462558-2