Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Repurposing.......Frames

I love frames!

Lately I've been looking for frames at yard sales and thrift stores. You can leave them as is or paint them. There's so many wonderful things you can put in them as well, or you can leave them blank!

I've seen pretty pictures of walls decked out in just the skeleton of the frame, all painted the same color. Some of them are done in the same color hue, or completely different. Above a mantel, going up the stairway, greeting you in the foyer, the ideas are endless!

About a year ago I got these frames for $2.00 each. They are BIG, and I love the color. Even the black and white romantic pictures are very nice, just not my style. I got them because I knew there was something I could put in them!

All I did was take off the back of the frame (I have to admit, they were kind of a pain in the rear, but after taking off the tape and bending back the staples, I eventually got to the picture, WHEW!). I didn't realize that the picture and mat were one in the same, but no problem! The 12" x 12" piece of scrapbook paper fit just perfectly over the picture. All I used was tape on the backside of the paper to make sure it didn't go anywhere.


Next, I had already decided what pictures I wanted of the kids. I printed both of them on regular 8x10 photo paper (did you know that Dollar Tree has photo paper? It really is good and so much cheaper!). I have a photo editing program that changed the color photos to the sepia ones that you see, which I thought matched the damask paper perfectly! I did an 8" square of the photo that allowed 2" on each side, which made a nice mat around the photo.

Then I placed it back into the frame and VOILA! New custom-looking photo frames for a FRACTION of what it would cost at the big craft/frame stores. I think all total, I spent $6.00 for this project! They are hanging up in our bedroom and look lovely with our newly painted "Caffe colache" walls.

Try your hand at reframing something. It really does give new life and leaves these things out of the landfills! :) ENJOY! This post is part of the Link-Up Party over at Craft-O-Maniac. Ya'll stop on by and see what else everyone has come up with. There are some great ideas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving comments has been known to make you richer, more successful and gorgeous! Well, maybe not, but I do love comments and I read each one! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-9462558-2