Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Anniversary pillow

My Mom and Dad recently celebrated their 46th wedding anniversary. I really wanted to come up with something that would take them back to that day that they both said "I do".

I just happened to have one of their wedding pictures in my picture stash, so all I had to do was scan it into my computer. Then I grabbed one of the sheets of Iron-on Print n Press transfer sheets (from Hobby Lobby, only $5.99, minus the 40% coupon of course!) and printed out their picture.

Then I measured out 2 pieces of 14" x 14" fabric (the kind I chose was the kind of fabric that they use to recreate civil war type of costumes, I can't remember what it's called, but I love it!). Followed the directions from the Print n Press on how to iron on the photo, then used my Babylock to monogram the pillow with their name and when they were established! :) I know y'all know how to make a pillow, so I won't go into that for ya!

Needless to say, I think it was a big hit! This color matches their bedroom perfectly! Would have been great to do a black and white or sepia toned picture too!


Thanks so much for stopping by!!!! I think I'll be making some photo pillows for the kids. Would be great to do one when they were just a tiny baby!

I'm sharing this decorating idea with the following link-up parties:

CraftOManiac
TaterTots and Jello
Uncommon Designs
Savvy Southern Style
The 36th Avenue
Five Days, Five Ways
French Country Cottage
I Should be Mopping the Floor
At the Picket Fence

1 comment:

Leaving comments has been known to make you richer, more successful and gorgeous! Well, maybe not, but I do love comments and I read each one! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-9462558-2